Apr 1, 2013

Dresser Makeover in Vermont Slate

 This is a dresser that I recently finished.  I painted it in  Vermont slate chalk paint by cece caldwells.
After I purchased this dresser I ended up finding a very similar one at the Salvation Army in town.  Hopefully I will be sharing that makeover soon, but I've run into a small hitch that I've been mulling over. 


It's not a huge dresser, so it will fit in smaller places.  Usually my pieces end up with more of a feminine feel to them, however I think this dresser has more of a masculine feel to it.  What do you think? 

I dry-brushed a bit of metallic silver paint onto the handles and the grooves.  My husband thinks the handles would look better darker.... Should I take a poll? 


It's on it's original wooden castors, which makes it easy for me to move around! 


One thing I find with the cece caldwell paint is that there can be a lot of variation in the colour as you can see below.


Curious to know what this one looked like when I brought it home? It wasn't the most horrible finish I'd ever seen, but it wasn't the most beautiful, either!


Linking to:
Coastal Charm
Domestically Speaking
Southern Lovely
The 36th Avenue
Tatertots & Jello
Funky Junk Interiors
My Repurposed Life
Miss Mustard Seed
The Shabby Nest



10 comments:

  1. Vermont Slate is the perfect colour for that dresser. Love it just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Sometimes smaller is better & the wheels just add to the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and very elegant - lovely! Jo from Chou Chou Chateau

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING this makeover!! that gray is gorgeous. I think the color of the handles is perfect... don't make them darker!

    Bridget - visiting from The36thAvenue

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a tough one! My first thought was paint em darker; then my "less is more" thought came to mind! Either way it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second project I've seen in the past couple of days using a similar slate color...I really like it! It's like a fresh way to do black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy, I picked up that exact dresser this week and I've been debating what colour to paint it. Love the grey....might have to go that way. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete