It was painted white already, plus I think there was some green underneath. I gave it a good sanding then applied some light turquoise paint. The details I repainted in white. When I distressed it, you could see the white showing through, plus some of the wood and bits of the green.
The hardware had been painted over with both white and green paint. It was kind of gross looking, but I knew they would be pretty cleaned up. So, what I did was found an old pot, and simmered the hardware in some water and baking soda for a little while to soften the paint. Then I just scrubbed them with a little brush, and most of the paint came off.
I also lined the drawers with this pretty wallpaper.
A couple people commented on the little box on top. It was actually the main reason I bought this dresser, because at the time I had a million other pieces to work on and really shouldn't have dragged another piece home.
Domestically Speaking: Power of Paint Party
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The 36th Avenue
The Shabby Nest
Miss Mustard Seed
My Repurposed Life
Chic on a Shoestring
Tatertots & Jello
Funky Junk Interiors
Primitive & Proper