Aug 10, 2012

Shabby Chic White Vanity Makeover

Well, I showed everyone a sneak peak of this vanity the other day when  I shared how I refinish my furniture.
So, this is the full reveal. 


I used Cece Caldwell paint in Simply White and then lightly distressed around the edges.  Perfect and simple, a classic look.  I love how it turned out.  If my bedroom was actually big enough to turn around in, I would love to keep this one! 

Just a reminder, but this is how it started out.

It may look decently okay in this picture, but the top especially, was terribly scratched.  So, I refinished the top, and painted out the rest.  I unfortunately had to remove the trim off the drawers.  Only one of them had all their pieces there.  And my skills aren't up to carving out new trim.  This is definitely a quality, heavy and solid piece of furniture.  Dove tailed drawers and all. 


The bench was picked up a separate yard sale, but I think it's from the same era, and it fits nicely into the vanity. 



Even though the sides of the double top were a bit of pain to refinish, I still think that it turned out so lovely, and totally worth the extra effort.


You can read all about how I refinished the top here:



With the addition of a pretty mirror, it will make the perfect primping station!

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful transformation - the wood top turned out gorgeous - drool worthy!!!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia,
    What a beautiful transformation! LOVE the wood top and the white finish!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous transformation! I would love if you would stop by my party happening now to link it up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the job you did on this, it is gorgeous. hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Cynthia! Love the stained top against the white!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! That top is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is stunning and I love the refinished top!
    I would love if you came by to link up to my party happening now!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job on this. The top looks great! Very Chic. I'd love for you to share it at my blog party, Twirl & Take a Bow at www.houseontheway.com. I think it would make a great addition to the party. It's every Tuesday through Sunday. Hope you can stop by!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the finish and the top is spot on perfect! Beautiful vanity...I would probably sell a kidney for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! I think then bench goes with it perfectly. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZINE transformation -- it went from cool antique grandma to AWESOME OUTSTANDING...FABULOUSLY CHIC TODAY!!!! WOW!!!! you rocked this one and i am so happy you shared it with us at Junkin Joe! sending hugs and keep on creating!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a creamy beauty! I'm featuring it in the Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for sharing it at the Power of Paint Party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it looks lovely! I know what you mean about having a bedroom that you can turn around in :) Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PIECE!!! what a great transformation!!! well done! keep it up, I can't wait to see what you do next x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love it! I saw you on Southern Lovely link up and had to drop in to pay a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job. It came out awesome. I am stopping in from TheStuffofSucess.com. Have a terrific week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! What a great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cynthia
    It turned out very lovely! I love the transformation. You left me a comment on altered artworks about my step stool re-do. I was nervous about the freezer paper transfer, and after two tries, I got it right. Actually, the hardest thing about it is the placement of the graphic. The first try was crooked. Being the perfectionist I am, I repainted the top, then re-transferred the graphic! I love the way it turned out. And I jsut finished my second piece. Stay tuned for my upcoming post.

    ReplyDelete