Jul 23, 2012

Recovering An Old Mousepad

Today, I am going to share with you a project that was so quick and easy, I should have done it years ago! 


I have had this mousepad since I was in university.  It was green.  Green has never been one of my favorite decor colours.  Usually I avoid it.  I have had this mousepad since I was in university. It's definitely seen it's share of use as you can see by this photo.  It was a little stained and a little worn. 


Now, all I did was lay my mousepad on top of the paper I wanted to use, trace around it and cut it out.  Then, I brushed white glue (you could also use modpodge, if you wanted) all over the back and pressed it onto the mousepad.  I supppose if you wanted to protect it, you could brush a layer of modpodge over the top. I didn't do this.  I figured it would be easy to change it up with different paper in the future if it begins to show its wear. 

Honestly, this whole project took less than ten minutes from start to finish.  It's taken me longer to write this blog post about it than to do the actual project!

No mouse pad will ever be safe again!  My next victim will be the mouse pad in the office at church, where I am secretary.

A cheap, quick, easy and satisfying project!   And a nice way to add a bit of personalization to an office space. 


Linking to:
It Pays To Be Cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment