May 24, 2012

Some Recent Finds

Well, I guess it's been quite a while since I last shared some of the goodies I've scored.  So, I decided to round up a few of them and share them with everyone.  I've had some good luck lately :-)

I've been eyeing up printer's trays lately.  I  don't really see too many of them in my travels.  I've seen two in antique stores, both priced around $40.00, and one at an auction that sold for $28.00.  I found this one at a yard sale for $10.00! Yippee!  I scooped it up as soon as I saw it!  Now my only problem is figuring out where to hang it...


I got a great deal on this potato chip tin... it cost me a whopping $2.00 (plus tax, so really $2.26 if you want to be totally precise).  I found it at the last auction I was at.  I thought I was going to have to fight for it, but the auctioneer nonchalantly held it up and asked carelessly if anyone would give him two bucks for it.  Happily, I was the only bidder.



I wasn't quite so lucky on this crate, although, I did get it for a good price.  He held it up and said the first two dollars takes it.  Well, my hand shot up, and so did three other ladies at the same time.  I ended up paying six for it, but I knew what was inside it...
Now, I know what you're thinking.... but that pretty candelabra and cute trophy style cup weren't in the box, but were found at yard sales.  They both have a lovely patina, so I probably won't be too quick to polish them. 

This was what was in the box... A vintage redpath sugar sack.  I haven't decided what I am going to do with it yet, but I do know that I will use for something... hopefully sooner than later!  Any suggestions for repurposing it?


And last but not least, I found this lovely ironstone pitcher at a yard sale for $5.00.


Linking to: 
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    Great finds! Do you have a piece of furniture that you could recover that sugar bag fabric with?Even a small ottoman would be really cute.Those are not used as much so it would not wear out from use.But also would look decorative.
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great stuff! Love the potato chip tin..such a great color. It is just fun. Also love the sugar sack--maybe you could make it into a pillow? That ironstone pitcher was a steal. Now you make me want to go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done good! Love the pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful finds! I especially love the pitcher - just gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete