Jan 11, 2012

Kitchen Cabinet Makeover Part 2

Okay, so this is going a bit slower than I had hoped.  But, what else is new, right?  So as of when I am writing this, we have 7.5 of 16 doors ready to paint and 4 of 4 drawers half done.  So, we're ALMOST halfway there.   

So, what are we up to?  To refresh your memory, this is what we are starting with, or to see part 1, you can click HERE.

Like I said before, we won't be simply painting the doors, neither will be replacing them.  Instead, to add a little character to their ugly blahness, we are adding trim around the edges and paintable beadboard wallpaper to the fronts. 

It's hard to believe they are the same doors!   


I will be painting them.  What colour? White, of course!  Right now we are at a bit of a stand still.  We bought all the trim they had at our local Home Hardware, and they told us they would have more in just this past Monday, but when we went in we found out that it wouldn't be in until next Monday!  Slightly frustrating!

One thing I am not liking is not having doors on the cupboards, especially, since it's really the first thing that you see when you walk in.  But I am sure it will be worth it in the end.  Now... if only we can get some more trim!



12 comments:

  1. Such a creative way to makeover your cabinets! I have been trying to summon the courage to paint my kitchen cabinets. I am afraid I will make a drippy mess. I may do a trial run on one of the bathroom vanities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how your cabinets turn out! What a creative way to change them up without having to purchase new doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will not recognize your kitchen when you add the redone doors. What a great idea, looking forward to seeing more later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really looking forward to seeing this project all done....your other work is amazing. Really wish I had the extra time to concentrate on projects like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same cupboards you have. Very eager to see it's progress and hoping you share tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete