Jan 4, 2012

Dollarama Tissue Box

Wow, after a couple of weeks without posting, I have two posts in two days... I'm on a roll here!  
Anyways, I'm just quickly showing you what you can do with one of those plain wooden tissue box holders that you can find in the dollar/craft stores. I picked this one up right after Christmas, and painted it while I was still at my parents.  I think I come by my craftiness genetically... my mom is a natural, although she doesn't have much time for it nowadays. 




I simply dry brushed a blue-gray onto the bare wood, then added some white over top.  The vintage ads were all found at the Graphics Fairy, printed on regular paper and coffee-dyed.  I then simply glued one on each side of the box. Then I added a little bit of bling... because, well, I like bling!

Next time you see one of those little boxes, remember they don't have to stay plain and boring!


Linking to:
Sew Woodsy
The Graphics Fairy Brag Monday





shabby creek cottage


The 36th Avenue


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Shabby Nest
Photobucket


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

13 comments:

  1. I have never seen one of those boxes before, but I want one now! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the lookout for one of those boxes right now! I never find a box of tissues that doesn't clash with the room it's in, so I've been wanting to decorate my own box.

    Yours looks great!

    Come by next Tuesday and share this at Knick of Time Tuesday Vintage Style Link Party!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time
    (visiting from My Repurposed Life)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is really nice. I love that idea and sure beat many that you can buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! I have some vintage bottles that I used the same graphic on. Maybe I'll do this next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these graphic designs~thanks so much for sharing! I am the newest follower of your inspiring blog!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I like bling too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It ALMOST makes me wish I had a cold so I'd need to go to the tissue box more often. nawwww... mine aren't this pretty :D

    Thanks for sharing and the smiles for showing us this pretty tissue box


    Visiting from GraphicsFairy's BRAG MONDAY,
    From NW Illinois,
    Suzanne At WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I haven't actually seen tissue boxes at my dollar store but I'll be on the lookout for one now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not come across wooden tissue boxes at my local Dollar Tree, but I'm going to really be on the lookout for them someplace now! This is a darling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I've never come across wooden tissue boxes at my dollar store. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one!

    ReplyDelete