Nov 15, 2011

Updated Half-Moon Table and a few Sneak peaks

I usually tend to stay away from half-moon tables, but this one was a little nicer and better built than the typical ones you see all the time. 
Here it is in it's before state:
Lucky for me, the top was already mostly sanded down, so the decision to stain the top was an easy one. 
 The pedestal is my favorite part!

I did not distress this piece, I decided I liked it crisp and clean.  

The sheet music Christmas tree was inspired by Miss Mustard Seed.  She has a great tutorial on HGTV.

A few weeks after I bought this table, I found a similar coffee table, which I am slowly working on.  The top is almost sanded down, but it has a bit more detailing on it, so it's taking longer than planned.   Plus, the warm days for working outside are few and far between now!

And.... I just bought this china cabinet on Saturday, and I am quite excited to get working on it.  Any ideas?  I don't think the glass comes out to let me take the fancy scrolly part out. (sorry for the glare from the flash)

Today looks like a nice day, so I'd better get to work on that coffee table!

Linking to:
Domestically Speaking: Power of Paint

three boys

















The 36th Avenue

shabby creek cottage





Photobucket


The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Fridays






Making Lemonade






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Your other pieces are going to be great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the table so good that you have saved it. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the half table, and the other pieces are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The half table is gorgeous! I especially love that the feet are also dark -- great contrast and brings out their detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your table and the potential that the second one has! I'm visiting from Crafty, Scrappy, Happy! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking with colour and curve, that second furniture. Well, also that outdoor furniture will increase the look of green garden in rainy sessions. My old furniture 's black colour is almost gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the table...think I found the other half....or the full moon, haha.
    http://iknowtheplansihave4you.blogspot.com/2011/11/finally-back-to-work-antique-pedestal.html

    dropping in from MMS
    would love for you to check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love the halftable :)
    and do not miss....


    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is fun :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you have done to the table. I actally don't like half moons much either but funnily enough bought one in a shop today that was already painted in a French distressed style. It has a small draw, natural wood top and the lovely curved legs on it have been painted cream and rubbed off to expose the edges of the wood.

    I have put mine in the hallway and when I finish the rest of the area I will post a pic on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! And I can't wait to see the other pieces!!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh I know it isn't nice to be jealous, buttttt I am. I have been wishing for a table just like this!!!! Ohhhh your is just wonderful and perfect in every way! Thank you so so much for linking up!!!
    Jaime at crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The contrast between the top and legs is amazing. Love what you've done with it!

    Thanks for linking to Refresh Your Nest Friday #10, and stop back tomorrow to join this week's party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic furniture. I really like your all furniture like table, chairs, centre table, cupboard etc. furniture is most important part of our home.

    ReplyDelete