Oct 17, 2011

Sunshiney Waterfall Nightstand

This nightstand has been one of THOSE projects... the ones that you work on here and there and then procrastinate on finishing.

This is how it began its life:
A little scratched, a little marked, and sadly, only one original pull.  I purchased it at an auction in late august.  I definitely filled my car up that day.  To see all the other goodies  I scored that day, you can click here.  

I envisioned it a sunny yellow colour.  The colour I chose was Summer Harvest by Behr.  But, I had it colour matched with Martha Stewart paint.  I found that I had trouble getting good coverage... not sure if it's the colour yellow, or the paint, as that was the first time I have tried Martha Stewart paint.  Have you had any success with the Martha Stewart paint? 

Alas, it is finished.

I'm sorry, but I just have to point out my Canada Dry bottle... it has the perfect shade of turquoise on it.  I found it on a hike at Mono Cliffs, quite a few years ago and it's always moving around to different areas of my house...as do a lot of my other decorations, too.


New hardware was added,

and I lined it with some more of my Dollarama special shelf liner.

I am not always a fan of waterfall style furniture, but this piece definitely has cute feet. What do you think?




Linking to:
Sew Woodsy




Domestically Speaking









The 36th Avenue


Transformation Thursday


Photobucket

Photobucket
Furniture Feature Fridays
The Shabby Nest




Making Lemonade

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Sunday's Best Linky Party!

32 comments:

  1. That looks so nice and yes the feet are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, nice feet. What a great transformation and I love the color you chose.
    I haven't tried Martha Stewart paint, but I think it might have more to do with the color.
    It's all good...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour of this one!
    Fantastic!
    xoxo
    Kerri at HollyMuffin

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nightstand looks beautiful! I love the yellow. I have not been happy with Martha Stewart paint either, I always use the Behr Premium Plus I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color & the feet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow and turquoise are so pretty together! I agree with Chrissie...I'm not in love the MS paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love waterfall furniture;this butter yellow is perfect! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable! what a lovely shade of yellow- so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color!!! And love the shape too, they work together perfectly!!
    Nice bottle too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I normally shy away from the waterfall style, but lately I've seen some marvelous waterfall transformations on here. Yours is just gorgeous and I love that color! Great job!

    xoxo,
    Clydia {Threemangoseeds.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite today! GORGEOUS! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that color! One of my favorites.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SO beautiful - great color choice! The lines and details are even more stunning with the yellow

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that yellow color! I saw you over at Not So Simple Housewife, I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that shelf and the yellow. The shape is so much fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog because it brought me here :o) I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable! I'm going to be on the hunt for a little table like this now! I'm a new follower.

    ~Steph from Silver Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your kind comment on my nightstand redo. I think I might like your shade of yellow better than mine! I've been nosing around on your blog and I saw your post where you got an antique bed for $1. $1?!?!? That is AWESOME! And I thought I was doing good when I found an antique sleighbed for $20. (Redo forthcoming) I'm your newest follower. I'll hope you'll visit my blog again, and perhaps follow me as well.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for your comment on my blog!

    Your nightstand is very cute!!
    I love the yellow, such a happy colour.

    I have to tell you that I chuckled at the sight of the liner because I tried to line my nightstand with exactly the same one once and that was a disaster.
    It's self adhesive and I couldn't get the corner nicely so I took them off thinking I'm losing only a dollar!!

    sayuri

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's super cute - I do like those feet! Lovely color, too. I've heard of others having issues with Martha Stewart paint, but haven't used it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooohhhh, SO lovely! Beautiful soft colour...

    Deborah (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you'll drop by and say hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great yellow piece! You've made it go from blah to beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The color you chose was perfection! Talk about a major update! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a vanity that is very similar, and now I know there is hope for it. That yellow is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see you again on Wednesday!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the yellow! it's so cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Featuring this tomorrow on Refresh Your Nest Friday. Be sure to stop by to check it out! I could eat that butter yellow, by the way. It's perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't used MS paint...but I'm telling you that this is the most cute nightstand ever!! I so love how it turned out! Thanks for the inspiration - I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete