Aug 27, 2011

I had a good day!

My husband was away today.... so I took the opportunity and attended an auction :-)

This chair is a gorgeous shade of turquoise... a little dirty, but that's nothing a little soap and water won't take care of.  The paint is worn perfectly on this piece :)

Little waterfall nightstand and a kitchen scale.  The scale is going to end up in my etsy shop eventually.

An end table... oops didn't notice until now that the handle was turned up.

Not sure why someone would put oilcloth on the top of this table?

This colour is starting to grow on me... do you think I should leave it alone?


A Duncan Phyfe style half moon table.  You can't see the feet because my husband needs to mow the lawn....

And this.... I was told it was a hired man's bed?  Does anyone have any ideas for this?  The caning is intact, surprisingly.  And the best part was that it only cost me a dollar!

Boy... do I have my work cut out for me! 

Linking to:
Today's Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

9 comments:

  1. Awesome finds! You'll be one busy lady with these new projects. I have no ideas for the bed, but it's neat you only paid a dollar for it. I'm sure you'll think of something.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, love the waterfall table!! I love that feeling of scoring a great deal. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, super jealous of your finds. Im in love with distressed yellow and some black glaze....Have Fun
    thanks for stopping by!
    Laura

    www.lifewelive4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, what a great day you had! I really like that bed, and I would paint it white. I have painted a few other pieces of cain furniture white and really like they way they turned out.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. About the bed...wonder if you can paint it in bold color and then put trays lined in a bold print on top of bed. Maybe use the bed as a coffee table?

    ~Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome finds! I can't believe you paid $1 for the bed! I thought I did good with my grandfather clock find. Check it out at my blog when you have some time...I'm your newest follower. Hope you follow my blog as well. :)

    -Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you will be busy busy. And I love that scale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say you had a good day! What awesome finds! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.robomargo.com/bench.html
    You could make a bench from the beds. Use the headboard for the back. foot boards are usually cut in two for arms. It may not work with the cane. See the link
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete