Jul 17, 2011

Sweet Little Nightstand Makeover

This is the first piece of furniture that I have ever purchased from a Salvation Army.  The one in our town is pretty small and has a very sparse collection of furniture. 
It's a very sturdy piece... want to know how I know?  I stopped at a stop light on the way home and it flipped from being upright to being upside down in the back of my vehicle... and it wasn't damaged in the least.  Just so you know... I am a fairly good driver....

Sometimes when I buy a new piece to redo, it sits and sits and sits some more, but with this one I started working on it within moments of arriving home with it.  At first I was going to distress it, but then decided it would look better all clean and classy looking. Here it is all spiffed up...
I switched out the hardware for this brushed silver knob...

I really like how it turned out :-)
I am planning to work hard on a few more pieces this week... hopefully the weather holds, because I prefer making my messes outside!




Linking to:



HOG








Transformation Thursday











Domestically Speaking











36th Avenue


Furniture Feature Fridays
The Shabby Nest
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Cynthia!
    Did you get this at the salvation army in Windsor by any chance?
    Kerri!
    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good looking after...it looks new. Tell us what you do to get this do you prime and what paint do you use. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish: I used two coats of primer, and then a couple coats of paint. I used Rustoleum Painter's Touch paint in white. I always put a coat of clear wax on top for protection, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great! I love fast little projects, so satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely love the style of this nightstand- it works well with modern or vintage decor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright white you chose for this little piece! It turned out gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nightstand turned out beautiful! I love the crisp white you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love white paint! Thank you for linking to Handy Man, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nightstand looks great! I'm in the process of adding some fresh white paint to some of my own bedroom furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice! It is beautiful! Glad to have found you - now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great discovery, and an even better transformation! Seems like people always luck out at Salvation Army/Goodwill/etc but I never seem to find much and the few things I DO find are kind of expensive. You have a real nack for beautiful paint jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did very well with finding the 'first' piece there and transforming it into a thing of beauty. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way it turned out I have never found anything really good at the goodwill I think the workers keep the good stuff. I'm like you I have been hoping for better weather to work in outside but no luck 110 degrees yesterday and that's not with heat index. Whew. Great job.

    ReplyDelete