Jul 27, 2011

My Latest Finds

Last Friday my husband and I shopped some great sidewalk sales.  The thrift store in town was half off storewide!   We came home with some great things!  Remember this picture from my Jewel Jar post a few days ago?

 
Well this is what is ... a true blue vintage tackle box! My husband picked it out for me!  Like I mentioned yesterday, doesn't he have a great eye!  I love it when he comes with me! 

 See the price written on the side there... That meant I had to pay a total of 1.25!
This is going to be perfect for storing craft supplies in my new hutch that I bought to replace the white one one that I sold.  It actually ended up being the exact same, identical, twin, piece!  How crazy is that??  I definitely have my work cut out for me!

Anyways... back to the topic at hand... I bought this silver tray that I will be transforming into a chalkboard someday in the next ten years soon.
I just think it is so pretty.  I haven't decided whether I will just leave the edges in the silver colour, or paint them white.... I guess I'll decide according to the mood I am in when I get at it.

My heart sped up when I spotted this set...
I collect Hughes Cornflower, and when I spotted these, I didn't even hesitate, especially since I only had to pay a whole dollar for them!  I think they're real... but I am definitely not an expert yet.  But they're pretty and I like them.

I found some vintage wallpaper that will be perfect for lining drawers, or the back of a shelf.  The price?  12.5 cents... what a steal!
Saturday, I convinced my husband to get up early to go to some garage sales where I found some pretty frames.
Here is one of them turned into a chalkboard...
I also found this cute vintage train case and a couple of doilies...
It is available now in my Etsy shop.

I also found a dresser that I needed like a hole in my head, but it was so nice and sturdy and at such a nice price, I just couldn't resist.  Here's a kinda bad picture of it, to give you an idea.
Right now I have two pieces in the almost done stages... So, I haven't decided whether I will work on this or my new hutch first. Hmmm... choices...


8 comments:

  1. Loveee the chalkboard!
    Cant wait to see what you do with the dresser.

    xo
    Kerri

    http://hollymuffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds. I was close, I said tool box. That little chalkboard is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome treasures! I love going thrifting and up-cycling. :)

    Thanks for your sweet comment about my ikea desk makeover. I am your newest follower :)

    Take Care,
    Mandy
    http://a37s42.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your sweet visit and kind comment! I came right over to say hello, and I'm glad I did! I've had a lovely time looking over all of your projects and finds here! It's always so fun to meet a kindred spirit!
    Happily following you,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your kind words. I've really enjoyed looking at your great finds and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cornflower was my Mum's crystal pattern! LUCKY YOU!! And I just LOVE that dresser, looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How much diod you pay for the silver tray? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a dollar. It's marked 2.00, but as far as I can remember, everything was half price that day.

      Delete